Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Grace Even at the Expense of Truth


The Pendulum Effect Blog is all about the pursuit of truth via the questioning process. It is about finding the truth in the midst of two extremes. Truth, is the gravity that pulls the pendulum from the middle, setting it into motion in the midst of falsehood.

But is there something more valuable than truth? Doesn't truth require responsibility and accountability? Is ignorance sometimes bliss?

Is it better for me to NOT know that the enemy is at the city's gate if I would be too much of a coward to prepare for battle if armed with foreknowledge?

While I ask God to reveal Himself to me, I have begun to ask God for grace even at the expense of truth.

I believe that God is purposefully silent to us about a great many things as an act of mercy, withholding truths from us that would warrant a burden of accountability that He already knows we couldn't bear.

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

No comments: